Create An Instagrammable Business
From Flowers To A Flourishing Business
We thought we’d bring you the insights from a business owner who’s business had been knocked down by COVID but got back up and FLOURISHED. Plus, some tips on how to make your business instagrammable!
Ellouise who owns Flowers By EG is a multi-award winning florist who creates ‘instagrammable’ floral masterpieces for business across Kent and London (anywhere actually!)
Despite the pandemic over the past year Ellouise has managed to pivot her business to survive and thrive through these past 12 months. Today, we’re talking about everything marketing and I thought it would be interesting to hear her perspective on a couple of things…
Whatever you do, be sure to check out and follow her Insta!
Ellouise, you have a large array of different clients and some pretty awesome Instagrammable floral designs – what is your favourite and why…
I get to work with some really cool businesses and their concepts which is the best bit for me, suiting each floral design to represent their branding which I love.
I really enjoy the briefs I get given by the team at Sophie Tea Art – the girls give me a theme and let me run wild with it which is the best part, plus its in such a great location so it gets lots of attention, selfies and gets our work seen by thousands. Where it is an Art Shop on Carnaby Street, it needs to stand out – by creating these over the top florals for the front of the shop, making their brand a real talking point for multiple reasons.
As a designer we love the more weird and wonderful designs, creating the pieces we don’t usually get asked for is the best, giving us a real time to show off just what we can do!
As a business what would you say is your top tips for marketing? What has helped you achieve your success?
My top tips would be understand your business before you begin to market it.
In the beginning I was trying to portray on our social media we could do everything, but through covid largely I’ve learnt that I want to make my business really quite specific to two main categories and in this I know exactly how I can market myself best.
By understanding this, I know what I want to show off most about my business. My company / industry / client base is super visual so my marketing & social media needed to be the same. My images needed to be impactful, to the point and let people know exactly what we are capable off just by looking at our feeds.
– Set yourself some small goals on where you’d like to be every 3 months and every quarterly review will push you to make the next quarter slightly bigger, creating a larger impact on your social media.
– If like myself your work has been dramatically impacted by covid, we lost 85% of our work in 2020, use your time wisely, I studied lots of my competitors accounts, went on social media training courses with industry experts all the while we may not be able to afford their full services through covid – having a better understanding of what it takes and you will be able to implement this yourselves and then when the business is back you will have feedback to be able to say this is the angle I would like to concentrate on for our company the most moving forward when we can pick up where we left off.
– Supporting other small businesses that pair with yours, choosing locally you will help gain brand awareness – tap into one another’s following and maybe even discuss collaborating together will you both, create more content, open your business up to a whole new range of followers too.
Why do you think a flower wall, ceiling or statement piece is a good idea for a business?
As we now live in an Instagrammable world, giving your customers a reason to shout about you is SO important.
Often or not they want to capture each moment and share it with their followers, so why not make sure yours looks inviting, branded & the place to be, have their followers looking at your business just from the image they post about you online.
All of this can be achieved when working with us; we can create those perfect branded flower walls with your name on, along with somewhere for the customer to take pictures in front off.
Or even those extra features which sets you apart from your competition, floral ceilings / walkways / bathrooms / backdrops all of these features will give your brand the appearance of luxury and the best aesthetic for them on their social media.
Ultimately the more the customer shares the overall experience with their followers the more traction your brand will gain.
Are you wondering what could make your business, product or service Instagrammable?
- Think about your clients. What do they like? REALLY like?
- How can you bring that thing they like to your business/product or service? Or how can you deliver it to them?
- Can you make the space you work in ultra visual. Maybe you could add a backdrop?
- Add lighting to your imagery on social media. Keep everything neat and tidy.
- Maintain a consistent style on your social media posts and website.
- Still stuck? Jump on a free 30 minute session and we’ll help you.