Nostalgia Marketing – Why We Love It
A Trip Down Marketing Memory Lane
When you work every day in and on marketing campaigns and looking for opportunities for various businesses to make use you quickly spot changes and trends.
- Pay attention to the finer details – those nuances that will really strike a chord with your customers. This could be anything from a backdrop to an accent.
- Mix it up a bit – use nostalgia within your social media posts – maybe make nostalgic posts part of your regular content, like #tbt
- Do some research and find out what makes your audience feel something special. Look at dates in history or even your own timeline.
- Go through the archives and dig out those old photos and film clips – marketing gold dust!
- Maybe look at how your own brand has evolved over the years? It’s a fun project to do for the business.
- See if you can expand on any of your own brand history. Maybe then against now, or footage of your early days.