Top 10 Video Tips
We caught up with Damian from MMS 360 who gave us an insight into why we should be including MORE video in our 2021/22 marketing content plans. MMS 360 are a video media agency who help businesses to get ideas brought to life in the form of video content. If you’d rather watch their top tips skip to the bottom to see the MMS 360 team in action!
We have worked with the MMS 360 team a number of times to produce time lapse of construction sites, drone walk throughs, corporate ‘meet the team’ style videos, filming for our events and much more! If you need professional videography at affordable pricing these are the guys to speak with.
Damian from MMS 360’s Top 10 Tips for video:
1. Forget the words… Video helps to convey a message your message quicker to your audience. It captures all communication including non verbal which helps tell a story without even having to use words.
2. Better ROI… Did you know that video engages audiences more than still images. 74% of marketers say video has a better return on investment than static imagery!! Shh don’t tell the photographers!
3. Subtitles are a must... Videos are often played on mobile devices without sound and so you should always consider adding subtitles so viewers can read instead of listen!
4. Tell a story… Video content should be focused on stories not sales! Any time you create content you should be looking to engage your audience in the benefits of your product or service not the features… Think outside of the box for your video content to make it stand out from your competitors and don’t just focus on key facts that they can read on your website. Think of the emotional aspect and tell this as a story.
5. Website Homepage Videos… Add a video to your website homepage, when done tastefully, autoplaying video can catch someone’s eye, build a strong visual brand impression, and keep viewers around longer.
6. Create a hook… You have only a few seconds to make an impression of your audience so make sure that you get them ‘hooked’ after a few seconds so they continue to watch the video.
7. Add an interesting thumbnail… This is the cover of your video and will show your target audience exactly what your video is about and WHY they should watch it rather than scrolling to the next one in playlist or feed.
8. Recycling is KEY… Content shouldn’t be a one hit wonder – think about how your video content can be repurposed and reframed for us throughout your strategy.
9. Keep your goal in mind… What is the point of the video? Work with your videographer to create the video to hit your goals and work toward what you’re trying to achieve. If you’re unsure how video could work for your business then reach out for video ideas.
10. Have FUN… – video is your opportunity to professionally show your business, products or services off without looking too ‘stiff’ so don’t be afraid to have fun, enjoy the process and the team will make you look the best they can!