Writing copy that converts
Guest blog by Rebecca L Martin
Selling has changed. Storytelling is everything.
Major brands are now having to redefine how they sell their product or service to their customers, by crafting content that builds a connection. With that connection comes engagement, trust and brand loyalty.
With this in mind, I train my clients and writers that selling is now about creating a feeling.
Understand who your customer is (this is pivotal) and then deliver copy that’s real, relevant and relatable to them.
- How can you engage your customer in the right way and convert them to buy? Know who they are, what makes them tick – and click. Then you can get writing for them.
- Nail your brand tone of voice – this is the kind of language you’re going to use when you speak to them. Will you be authoritative, friendly, warm, witty or inspiring?
- Be compelling – don’t just post to social for the sake of posting. Really think about your objective and what you want your customer to DO. Work backwards from there. Connect with them on an emotional level.
- Using your words, paint a picture of what it’s like to own your product or use your service. How will it improve their day / life? How does it solve a problem?
- Be transparent, be real. We connect with brands that have substance, meaning and a story. We want to see faces, we want to trust who we’re buying from. Take them behind the scenes and show them your passion.
And finally… spell check and proof read! Always check your copy before it goes live.
Connect with Rebecca on social media: