Great Blog Titles To Increase CTR
Why is it so important to have a good blog title?
If the title of your blog post isn’t interesting or intriguing, a searcher won’t click it… Therefore a complete waste of your efforts writing a blog!
What is CTR?
Click Through Rate… The amount of times someone clicks on your Ad/Website/Post/Link etc
So, How should you choose a good blog title so people click through?
It is ALL in the TITLE
Did you know that blog titles with 6-8 words receive a higher CTR than the overall average?
How Do You Create a Compelling Blog Title?
Here are 6 tips to guide you:
- Use captivating headlines
- Provide meaningful value
- Use actionable words
- Optimize for SEO
- Practice more
- Conduct A/B tests
Lets get DEEP…
Use psychological triggers in your blog titles to encourage more social shares
Jonah Berger is the author of contagious: why things catch on, and found there are six stepps behind the psychology of contagious content:
- Social currency: People talk about things to make them look good.
- Triggers: Topics that are at the top of your mind are at the tip of your tongue.
- Emotion: When you care about something, you share it.
- Public: When you see people doing something, you’ll imitate it.
- Practical value: You share things to help others.
- Stories: You like to share things that are wrapped in narratives.
And, here you go… What you came for LOTS of titles to use for your blogs…
- 100 Useful _________
- _________ Facts and Myths
- How to ________ Like a Boss
- The Real Truth About _________
- A Cheat Sheet for ________
- What 10 Studies Say About The Best ________
- How To ________ Tips
- 21+ Easy Ways To ________ In ________
- The 10-Minute ________ Solution For The ________
- 10-Step Solution For ________
Need more… Use this nifty little resource here…
- Head to: https://www.title-generator.com/
- Enter your keyword
- Change it so it fits with your business
- OR use it as inspiration!
BONUS TIP: If your article or blog post is about a specific location, remember to mention the names of broader areas in the title. For example “5 Best Marketing Agencies in Canterbury, Kent”. This will allow a wider audience to relate to your blog title, as even though they may not live in Canterbury (Town), they may live somewhere in Kent (County).